Sunday, February 12, 2006


It is a form of spun sugar that is produced in a special machine and sold at fairs. It is sweet and sticky, and though it feels like wool to the touch it readily melts in the mouth. It does not have much of an aroma although the machine itself has a cooked sugar smell when in operation.

Jardin des plantes


Anonymous soosha said...

In the USA we call it cotton candy because it looks like big puffs of colorful cotton. I love this picture, it brings me back to my childhood.

3:32 PM  
Anonymous michael said...

In Australia it's called "fairy floss"

4:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

how to add a hit counter to a website